The Big Transportation Data for Big Cities Conference will enable city transportation officials, technical staff, academics, and public sector and industry leaders from 18 big cities across North America to commence dialogue on the practical and actionable use of urban transportation data. The platform will provide an opportunity for
- City transportation officials to engage and educate the industry about city transportation data wants and needs;
- Cities to share knowledge, experiences, and best practices with each other;
- Academics to show how to blend cutting edge data with pragmatic solutions and ideas;
- Industry to educate city transportation officials on the state of the art and state of the practice;
- Chart an agenda for improved data collection and use, to advance data analytics and data visualization in urban transportation agencies;
- Serve as the basis to build an active network among cities to share best practices and ideas.